It’s one of the most popular streaming platforms for gamers and in recent times, the go-to site for casino streamers. Yes, we’re talking about Twitch and how it’s fast becoming an integral part of online casino gaming culture.
While poker is without a doubt, the most popular casino game on Twitch, the platform is starting to see huge growth in the online slots category. And to see just how popular it’s becoming we just need to look at the stats.
Of the 250 billion minutes viewed so far in 2021, 21.9 million hours were of viewers watching streams in the slots category. That’s an impressive share of the viewership and one that is growing month by month.
A recent study of monthly data on Twitch by newcasinosites.co has revealed that the slots category saw two records broken in the month of April:
- Viewers watched 21,953,615 hours of slots during the month which marked an 18.8% year-on-year increase.
- Casino players streamed 120,067 hours of slots which is the highest on record since the category was created back in December 2018.
Some interesting facts from the study include:
- 5,177 casino players streamed in the slots category during April.
- Slots was the 17th most popular category on Twitch and jumped by 3 places in the last week of the month.
- Over the entire month, the average number of slots channels streaming was 166.
- The slots category had an average viewership of 30,533 for the month of April.
- Viewership figures peaked at 181,881 which was an increase of 149% on the same month in 2020.
- Viewership figures were lowest on Sat 10th April when only 6,464 were online.
- The slots category’s top streamer was ROSHTEIN who streamed 274 hours in April.
- The lowest number of slots channels streaming was 99 on Thurs April 1st.
- The highest number of slots channels streaming was 268 on Fri April 9th.
- The lowest viewer to streamer ratio was 38.25 on Sat April 10th.
- The highest viewer to streamer ratio was 1,150.71 on Fri April 30th.